The torpedo test range at Loch Long was built in 1912 and was finally abandoned in 1987. This site would certainly have been involved in the testing of new torpedo systems designed for the Royal Navy during both world wars.
Since becoming abandoned there has been at least one serious fire that destroyed the entire main building. All that remains is the concrete and steel shell and the piers. There are various smaller buildings in varying stages of decay around the main complex. Today is is popular with people fishing and people enjoying the spectacular views over the western highlands.
View entire video on Youtube