Hacos Tomb is a chambered burial site dating back as far as 3300 BC. Originally, the tomb consisted of three chambers, although only one remains intact today. The entire structure would have been covered by hundreds of tons of rocks. This mound was known locally as “Margaret’s Law” before its removal in 1772 to expose the burial chamber.
During investigation work, human remains were unearthed within the main chambers. In 1772, five human skulls were discovered in both of the chambers.
A flint knife or scraper and at least one broken urn was also found within the tomb.
In this video, we take a short look around the current site.